Mar 11, 2013

Flu, vertigo, and oh yeah, Miracles.


One of my favorite sayings is:
"The only thing constant in my life is change"

While I prefer consistency, hate surprises and am not a very spontaneous person, life seems to have a way of breaking you out of your shell. Teaching you a lesson, moving you forward, making you change, whether you are ready or not. I have learned to have fun with the changes, as much as I can. And I try to keep control of the things I can in life to minimize the challenges, ahem, I mean changes. My dad has always said that you can't change what happens to you, but you can change your reaction. 

I think our attitude makes or breaks the changes in our lives.
That is how I lived through cancer.
That is how I parent.
That is how I love.

I never thought Trevor and I would marry. But life (and God) changed that after 10 years of dating.
We never thought we would have children. But life (and God) changed that quickly after our wedding.
I never thought another major illness would strike our family, but less than a year after my dad's brain surgery for Parkinson's, I was diagnosed with aggressive cancer.

All these things taught me to roll with the punches, be like the wind, and change my reaction to life. Be more positive than I thought I could be. Be more happy because I had a least one more day to live. Be there because I still was.

So, less than 2 years after my last day of chemo. 
After 2 years of menopause. 
After 7 oncologists told me I could never, ever ever. 
After losing one ovary to radiation. 
After losing myself and finding her again...I went to the doctor to be diagnosed with vertigo (I was so sure!)

But, God had different plans for our life. Change again, but for the good this time!
God gave us the blessing we wanted but didn't think was possible. 

We were pregnant against all odds!!!!

Just when I had thanked God for what he gave us, and moved away from focusing on what he hadn't,  he blessed us with our hearts desire. Thank you Jesus for our little miracle!!

We are so proud and happy to announce that the next member of our Lincoln dynasty will join our family in late September this year!

Needless to say, Miss LaRue is so excited to meet her new sibling ;)
As her shirt says, 
"Only Child, until fall 2013"

We hope you join us in celebrating our growing family, and pray that you continue to seek happiness and change in your own life!!











5 comments:

beckieM said...

celebrating your life and now, this new little one. love you forever, mom

LeiLani said...

this is incredible and awe-inspiring and brings me to tears of the faithfulness of a kind and loving Father. SO excited for your family: thank you for sharing this so beautifully and bravely!

Raegan Grace said...

Oh my excitment!!! I would squeal as loud as i could but do not esnt to wake the girls :D What wonderful news!!!

Jenna Tunes said...

SO, SO happy you're going to catch up to our two. There is so much hope that is spread with this news. I love you and this little rolley poley.

Arielle Swanson said...

Oh my gosh! Wow! Congratulations and I just can't believe it and what a blessing!!!! I'm just so so so excited for you!!

the pattern

Just as soon as you think nothing will ever be the same again...you fall back into life's steady pace. L I F E  R E M E M B E R S  T ...