May 15, 2010

Mi Vida Loca- A Baby Shower

Our new baby has been so lucky to have so many people loving on her, anxiously awaiting her arrival! Miss Vida LaRue has no idea what is in store for her, I think she is destined to be a diva!
We were so blessed to be able to take a weekend trip up to Northern California to have her first baby shower hosted by my mom, Beckie. 
For those of you who don't know, my mom is a professional event planner, with her company "Ambiance". Many years she focused her efforts on corporate events, and more recently, has parlayed her talents into weddings and showers. She always has the most creative ideas! When I told her I wanted a tea party them with a bit of birds thrown in, she came up with the prettiest and clever ways to bridge the two into one theme. You can see the full even in the premier issue of Me and Mine, a northern california new monthly publication launching late this summer. 

My cousin Ashley always helps my mom out for her events, I couldn't believe how much she did, her due date was only 2 days away. She was a trooper, and we got to welcome Miss Mia only 1.5 weeks later)
My mom is known for her Modesto Mint Tea, and after this shower, will now also be known for her Coffee Sparkler....it is amazing and so simple!

As I mentioned, Ashley always goes the extra mile. For my shower, she provided the favors for the guests, while promoting her catering business, www.woodenspoon.blogspot.com at the same time. She made Lemon and Raspberry tuffles covered in white chocolate. I must admit, I ate at least 5  ;) SO YUMMY!
My mom, hard at work arranging her hand painted bird houses in the center pieces...
Mom made a custom monogram background...Vida LaRue Lincoln!
A beautiful shot of the whimsical garland that surrounded the garden party.

Up close shots of the centerpieces...


Fun photo background that Leo was loving running through!

The day turned out beautifully sunny and not too windy. We were able to lunch with friends, share love and gifts, and relax. Thank you mom for making this shower unforgettable!

No comments:

the pattern

Just as soon as you think nothing will ever be the same again...you fall back into life's steady pace. L I F E  R E M E M B E R S  T ...