Dec 15, 2008

The 8th Annual Cookie Bake-A-Thon



Sunday I was lucky enough to be invited to attend the 8th Annual Cookie Bake-A-Thon, hosted (wonderfully I might add) by Faye. She has a fab kitchen that we can all work in together with ease, and a ton, no, I mean A TON of baking supplies on hand! From cookie sheets, to baking dishes, to hand mixers, this gal was prepared! And prepared one must be, because this event is not for the faint of heart! This is a day I have been looking forward to all year, I was invited last year but was planning to leave the following day for a work-China trip and was not able to spare the precious hours on US soil. So, actually, I have been looking forward to this day for TWO years.
It lived up to the build up :)

Our day began at 8:30 as we trickled into Faye's south SD home. I got lost, as I always do, but eventually found my way. Soon after I arrived, Jessica and Teresa got there. Mandy, Faye's niece joined us as well. We were treated to a sit down breakfast of a skillet fritata and homemade berry scones along with fresh juices and fruit! Such a treat!
We then assumed our "stations" around the kitchen, coffees in hand and began on our own recipes, as we were each allowed to select 3. I made Snowballs, Almond Brittle, Lemon Bars.
We got through our first few batches and soon it was time for lunch. (when did Faye make lunch???) She served homemade chicken pot pies and garlic butter biscuits! 

After another pot of coffee, Leslie showed up to help with the details of chocolate drizzles, diligent stirring of "brittle", and powdering the cookies.
We finished up all the baking around 5pm and then stopped to admire our handiwork. 
So many cookies!!!!

It was such a blast, we decided we really couldn't wait until next year, so we will be having our 1st Annual Sweetheart Bake-A-Thon this year! 

Please email any great recipes you might have ;)

3 comments:

JENNA TUNES said...

I'm sure there will be lots of love going around at that sweetheart bake a thon.
How fun.
Cookies look delicious. Guess we are going to miss out on your extras, since we are traveling. I'll look forward to february I guess.
Mmmmm.

beckiem said...

OOOOOOOOO it makes me so jealous! Can you believe in all my years I've never done a cookie exchange? What fun you gals have together -- I'm puttin in my order for next time!

Soapylove said...

Mmmm!! I see some familiar faces in those pics! Looks like you had a great time - I won't tell your dentist! :)

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. Drop me an email sometime. I'd love to get caught up!

the pattern

Just as soon as you think nothing will ever be the same again...you fall back into life's steady pace. L I F E  R E M E M B E R S  T ...