Jun 3, 2008

Foodie at Heart

Yup, that's me, just a good ole Foodie at heart.
Well, at least for the last 6 weeks, and I guess, the rest of my life, if I am being honest. 
My friend asked me to join Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, and knowing that I wasn't planning to add 2 hours of daily cardio to my lifestyle anytime soon, I figured I had nothing to lose! 
Portion/food control and positive eating is really what has always worked over the years (when I did it). Because, as I mentioned, I am a Foodie. 
I am one of those people who loves a nice resturant meal, selected from a menu you can hardly read because the room is so dimly lit, and you can barely process all the adjectives in the appetizer, let alone pronounce half your entree, and room for desert, did you say desert??? Let's just eat that first ;)

Soooo, needless to say, a food intervention was bound to happen sooner or later. Good thing it was sooner.
It is a good program that challenges you to focus on portion and quality of what you eat. I can say that I have moved away from drinking two fancy Mocha and Macciattos each day, and now I stick with a nice daily brew or an americano. Nothing fancy, just caffeine. My water intake is about +100% too.
Anyways, its been fun to find new recipes and feel my own progress (while my lbs are not that significant yet, my inches are) in my wardrobe. I added a slider at the bottom of my blog page to track my progress in my journey towards a smaller me. I met a goal, which was 5lbs today, and it was haaaarrd!
I can see now in the last week how this becomes a lifestyle, and it is not so difficult, I just have to be aware and then share desert with Trevor! How Cute!!

Watch my progress, I'll be honest with the losses and the gains!

2 comments:

Tamar said...

Funny you should blog about this because the other day I was talking to a friend who just had a baby 2 mos ago and she's doing Weight Watchers and was singing its praises...I'm almost ready to jump on the bandwagon! :D

beckiem said...

YahRay!
Way to Go!!!!
I know how difficult it is to do what you're doing & I'm VERY proud.
Could you send a little will-power my way! :)
mom

the pattern

Just as soon as you think nothing will ever be the same again...you fall back into life's steady pace. L I F E  R E M E M B E R S  T ...